Thursday 25 September 2014

Not going well

I've fallen off the wagon. I had a huge blip in August, and had nearly undone the damage when I fell off last week. I even skipped class on Tuesday because I don't really want to hash it out in a large group, nice as they all are.

I suffer from a common diet complaint. I am all or nothing. When focused, I'll have lovely solid losses, my willpower is high and I feel fab. But when I get bored of the same foods, lack of flexibility and increased prep-time I join the Dark Side; binge-eating, excuse-making laziness. I don't just gain a pound or two, within days my body goes into a full Camel mode, storing water as well as cake. Then I fell like crap, as if I'd eaten a whole bag of guilt with shame as a spicy dip.

It's not as if I have no deadline. With bridesmaid duties in 9 months and with 3st to lose I should be plenty motivated. But each evening I make a promise for tomorrow and then wake thinking of the great feeling I get from sugary fatty crap. I just don't enjoy life as much without it. I'm clearly an addict.

I'm not promising a good tomorrow (there's a cheesecake that I'm too stuffed to eat), but with meal-planning and shopping I intend to make a good start. I'll be facing my scales and tallying up the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment