Monday 14 July 2014

Couch to 5k

((A brief note, still on SW,19lb down))

I started c25k on Friday. This is my second attempt after last time the first run resulted in collapsing (possible seizure after 6 years of medication control) and going to A&E. I lost a lot of confidence that day, not just from a running/fitness standpoint, but generally. I was back at square one after six years, driving license gone (it was only a provisional though, I'm a hideous driver!), afraid to be out alone, medical alert tags...

So getting back on the horse with c25k has taken me 9 months. In that time my lovely hubby has indeed gone from couch to 5k. He's generously offered to be my coach/safety net, so I've accepted. We bought a dirt cheap 3 wheeler so our 2 year old boy can join us. Scheduling time around him is a big challenge as he's not a good sleeper, I don't have much evening freedom. Being able to take him has made it infinitely easier.

Off we went, and apart from a wheel falling off (wasn't clicked in enough) a fab time was had. It was warm and sunny, and our local trail is perfect for exercise. But the best bit was achieving it! I got through the run with no health problems at all. In half an hour the damage to my confidence was mostly undone. I felt bloody awesome! It was nowhere near as hard as I expected.

On we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment