Saturday 19 July 2014

Well that f*cking sucked

W1R3 was disaster.

Actually the run was great; faster, feet worked better. It was quite warm though. Anyway, runs done and into cool-down walk, I started to get a seizure warning. I had my first seizure in 2003. I got medicated, and had a 6 year gap until October last year. I tried c25k then, and had a seizure part way through W1R3. I never repeated it. So I was anxious for this attempt, but after 2 straightforward sessions I figured I was good.

Apparently not. Luckily Hubby comes with me just incase, so he did a stellar job of taking care of me. I'm ok, scraped knuckles are the only injury. Physically at least.

I'm sad, angry and disappointed. It's a bloody nuisance condition. Apparently it's uncommon for people with a seizure disorder to be triggered by exercise. I'm just lucky I guess(!)

Most likely it was due to eating/drinking/very little sleep, so those are all factors to address. I don't want to give up!

We ended up skipping Parkrun which I'm gutted about. Ah well, maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment