Monday 14 July 2014

Week 1 Run 2

After a great first session I was feeling excited for run 2. I'd done some kettlebell in between as I need half hour a week of strength exercise for my Gold Body Magic for Slimming World. The previous run and the squats had made my inner thighs feel a little sore and tight but I didn't think about it much til the first minute's run. It didn't feel great, and I was dubious. But I ploughed through, even going a little faster than on Friday. The last couple of runs were quite hard, and my legs definitely had had enough, but I was determined to complete it, which I did. The full outing (inc walking there and then home) was 3 mins faster than when we did W1R1.

I was pleased to have done it, and not hugely surprised it was harder because of my thighs. I did feel very flat footed and stompy by the end which I need to work on.

This was my last chance workout as tomorrow is weigh in. Even though c25k is usually 3 times a week, I'll only be doing Mon & Fri so that hubby can still run twice a week for himself to move up from 5 to 10k.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment